About Me

My name is Amy Short, I'm sixteen years old and I'm currently studying media, english literature, travel and tourism and CoPE. Our assignment in media, is to create our own music magazine.

Tuesday 8 December 2009

How did you attract/adress your target audience?

I've used the colours red, white and black throughout my magazine. They are strong bold colours that reflect the type of music, and what the music is about.
The type of font I have used all over my magazine is Tohoma. Its a very hard cutting, edgy font thats bold and very noticable. This is important to how the magazine attracts the correct audience, as it reflects the type of readers my magazine would attract. I've used a very eye catching font for the "taking her crown" writing on the front cover, and its the only font that is different throughout the magazine. It has been used because its the first thing you see on the front cover, which is what i wanted it to be like. The fact that it's very edgy and "cool" means it appeals to my target audience. My mise en scene is the cigarette in her mouth on the front cover. Its something you possibly wouldn't see all over a magazine and this makes it its identification and what makes it different. The camera shots and angels are mostly face on and close up, with just the top of her body and her face showing. This makes it more personal and up close I think, and its gives of the feel as if she is looking personally at you, and bring you to the magazine and not far away where they may not be 'adressing' the reader. I've chosen a very laid back and personal way of language and speaking. It is more personal to the type of reader it is aiming to attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment