About Me

My name is Amy Short, I'm sixteen years old and I'm currently studying media, english literature, travel and tourism and CoPE. Our assignment in media, is to create our own music magazine.

Tuesday 8 December 2009

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My typical social group is a young, white, middle class, female. However I do think my magazine could be focused to males and females. The image I've used (face on, middle shot) is a 19 year old female with a "rebelious" streak, denoted through the cigarette in her mouth, which helps to connotate the idea of rebelion and trying to get away from the social conventions of white, middle class women. My particular social group i think has deffiently been portrayed sucessfully.
A good example of how my image reflects the representation of young white women is Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen, who have both been portrayed as rebelious.
The following link is a bad press interview of Lily Allen as proof of how I am relating to the rebelious people in music, similar to my social group.
http://wearehunted.com/like/lily_allen_on_bad_press/3352903/

No comments:

Post a Comment